Internationally recognized leaders have been assembled to share their insights on current and future directions of maternal and child health. Particular attention will be given to answering these crucial questions:
- What are the most significant challenges and potential innovations in translational research, therapeutic treatments, technology, digital health, and use of big data that are needed or are on the horizon to meet some of those challenges?
- Innovation is a key to advancing maternal and child health - where has progress been made, what is the impact, what are the most significant challenges, and where do we need to learn more?
- Can the biological pathways that direct normal organ development be harnessed to create innovative therapies that promote organ healing and regeneration after injury?
- Can we finally coax the immune system to attack cancer cells, but leave normal cells unharmed?
- What are the risk factors for impaired bone and muscle development in children with chronic disease, and how we can promote their optimal bone and muscle development?